Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Wagamama respond to my application

Today I got a call from a breathless "Bill" from wagamama. He has just been sent my CV by head office and is keen to interview me today or tomorrow, so I agree to go round tomorrow. He seems very nervous about interviewing although he has a list of questions he should ask as well as instructions to sell the company which he does not really manage to get round to.

Although I am possibly over-qualified he does not seem put off, but rather than just offer me the job he says I should come for a trial day on Monday, four days before it opens to check me out. Apparently they cannot pay for this "training day" but to sweeten the deal I will be let out before all the cleaning is finished. He tells me the pay is £4.80, which I guess sounds a bit better than "minimum wage". He seems a little hazy about what share of the tips I will receive, but it sounds like it will be a lot less than the punters are leaving. I am told to bring my own uniform. I was hoping that would be a perk of the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home