Friday, October 21, 2005

Letter 3

Des Byrth
Wagamama
93 North Rd
Brighton BN1 1YE


7 September 2005



Dear Des

Thanks for your letter of August 31. I am sorry you appear to have failed to receive the fax I sent you again, which is ironic as it contained details of the previous fax I sent you which you did not receive. I also fail to see how you failed to contact me as I have two numbers with voicemail and a working email address.

What I said was that I had not yet been able to get the copy of my doctor’s note at that time. In fact it has only just been re-issued, so I will pick it up and enclose it with this letter.

One thing I have not mention already is that I don’t think it is reasonable to expect staff to attend meetings at your initiative without being compensated. I have attended several of these in the past and it seems like there are more to come. I’ve no idea why the company does not pay it’s staff for this time. As your surgery is only open for one hour a day I assume that it would be necessary to take ones own time to attend this if this does not coincide with work hours.

I am not sure why you have stated that I am completely happy with my pay and treat,,ent, but I assume we can discuss this later.

To be honest I do not feel comfortable returning to a workplace where you have interrogated the staff to find out if any are willing to corroborate any of my observations, or a workplace where Chinese whispers are circulating about my physical or mental well-being.

best wishes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home